Re: Density of snow

Tom,
I once a vehicle equipped for the snow by using what looked like "Paddle
wheels" attached to the outer rim of each tire. The way this was
supposed to work is you ran on the rubber when on the pavement and as
the tires sunk into the snow the "Paddle wheels" would support the
weight and and provide the traction. I think from the picture I saw that
they were about 18-24" wide and about the same diameter as the rim. My
guess is you could make some with extra long lug bolts (double nut) and
a modified set of wide rims. Have fun and let me know how they worked.
--
Tom Reed	treed@domain.elided
The Data Center - Database Software Development