7.50x16 Tires and More ...

I enjoy the post regarding Travelall 7.50x16 tires.  How tall would
this mounted tire and wheel be?  What size wheel to recommend?
Will this size work on my Scout2?  How do these two bodystyles
compare regarding wheel openings?  What ply ratings are recommended?
I figure 4 ply will cover my loading needs, but read recently that a
higher ply rating (6?) will allow better cornering.  Do higher ply
tires imply less fuel economy?  I know little about tires and I note
the 7.50x16 seems to be a favorite ... are there many widths
available ie: 7.00, 7.25, 7.50, 7.75, 8.00, etc... or are there only
a couple of sizes and this is the magic size?  Mark