Re: 7.50x16 Tires and More ...

> In radials, a 235/85-16 is a tiny bit bigger than a 7.50x16, with an
> unloaded diameter of about 31.5" and a casing width of about 9.5". Most
> radials aren't going to show a 'ply rating', so looking at the max pressure
> is a good way to tell unless you're a pro reading weight capacities.
 Radials do have Load Ratings - check out http://www.natltire.com/tires.htm.
They list the load rating as part of the tire size designation, i.e.
LT235/85R16/E - the 'E' is the load range. These tend to range from C to
E (at least for the light truck tires I was looking at), with E being a
heavier load range, though I don't know the exact load limits for each range.

 Later,                    /\  curt_cleavinger@domain.elided
   Curt                 /\/  \        /\
 [/</]   \_/       [\>\]              '75 Travelall 150
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II