Re: '65 Scout Commanche

Michael,
  It sounds like a great truck for the price.  Yes, the gearing is
low, at's what's in my '68 800, and it's not a freeway cruiser at
all and your mileage will show it (I think my best is 16-17mpg).  But
when you get to any sort of offroad spots, the gearing gives it
mountain goat ability.  For a truck that is in that good of shape
with so few miles on it, I'd say that your offer is fair, and you
could still throw a couple hundered more to the guy and come out on
top.  I have no experience with teh Comanche package, but I'm sure
others will chime in with info.
HTH,
Myron