found a truck fs

Hi all!  I have found an IH truck for sale locally, and I think its a good
deal, its just that I need to come up with the money.  Depending on what I
find out about my other truck (Mazda) when it gets taken to the mechanics
on Monday, I just might buy it.  Anyway, here's what I know:
It's either a 72 or 73 (owner couldn't remember which), half-ton, 2wd,
short-bed.  It has a straight six with a three speed manual.  New battery,
rebuilt carb, new snow tires (less than 100 miles), and as far as I can
tell, the original paint job.  Don't know about the interior.  The owner
(who is part owner of a body shop and owns several other IH's) said that
the inner fenders were rusted in the engine compartment, and the bed had
several holes in it.  Around 60-70k original miles.
Asking price; $500.  That's why I think it is a good deal.
I guess my question is does anyone know where I can get the inner fenders
and a bed for this thing??  I have found many Scout resources, but I
haven't really looked for anything truckwise.  I haven't checked any
junkyards around here, as I just called the guy about 5 o'clock tonight.
But how common were short beds?  How easy is it going to be to find parts?
And what was the I6 displacement?  He thought something like a 262, but
what is it?
Unless anyone has any kind of information that would keep me from buying
it, I probably will.  I doubt that will happen, however.
Anyway, thanks in advance.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800
1965 Scout 80- parts