Re: found a truck fs

> Hi all!  I have found an IH truck for sale locally, and I think its a good
> deal, its just that I need to come up with the money.  Depending on what I
> find out about my other truck (Mazda) when it gets taken to the mechanics
> on Monday, I just might buy it.  Anyway, here's what I know:
> It's either a 72 or 73 (owner couldn't remember which), half-ton, 2wd,
> short-bed.  It has a straight six with a three speed manual.  New battery,
> rebuilt carb, new snow tires (less than 100 miles), and as far as I can
> tell, the original paint job.  Don't know about the interior.  The owner
> (who is part owner of a body shop and owns several other IH's) said that
> the inner fenders were rusted in the engine compartment, and the bed had
> several holes in it.  Around 60-70k original miles.
> Asking price; $500.  That's why I think it is a good deal.
 I don't know about the bed, but the inner fenders all seem to rust right
around where the hood hinges attach. You may have to do a lot of looking to
find one that's in good shape, or it may be easier to try to patch in new
metal to repair the existing inner fenders.

> Dan Felix
> 1966 Scout 800
> 1965 Scout 80- parts

 Later,                    /\  curt_cleavinger@domain.elided
   Curt                 /\/  \        /\
 [/</]   \_/       [\>\]              '75 Travelall 150
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II