Re: Compression #s

"CDesPlanques" <adesp@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>I just got around to doing a compression test on my '67 Scout(196).  All Tested about the same, about 120  Sounds pretty good to me,
>but what do you guys think? What does the shop manual say?

From my IH Shop Manual for the 76 & 77 Scout II series...

"...The absolute value of compression pressure is significant but cylinder to
cylinder variation is even more important.  Allowable variation from cylinder
to cylinder is:

    Lowest cylinder pressure must not be less than 75% of the highest cylinder
pressure."

I could not find a compression rating.

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |  1976 Scout Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |   V345A, 727, 3.54, MSD, Edelbrock