Fuel injection and vaporization

>summer blends of fuel in many parts of the country.  Draw through turbo and
>super charging really helps keep fuel vaporized.  Of course fuel injection
>eliminates most of these issues anyway.
>
>Regards,
>
>John
>- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>jlandry@domain.elided             |

Back in the early beginnings of the Jeep 4 liter straight 6, I got hooked
on the engine and have had a series of these since. Wonderful engines,
great torque that you expect out of an inline engine, but that's beside the
point. At the same time I looked at Nissans and others and readily rejected
these because they had throttle body injection. Now to the point:  On my
Scout, I can watch the fuel come out of the injectors on the Holley EFI and
I'm surprised at how large the droplets are compared to what I wish they
were. Then these droplets, at least those not vaporized in passage go
through the throttle body, down the intake manifolds, through the valves
and into the cylinders where they are finally used, or passed out unburned.
Port injection makes a lot of sense doesn't it? It seems to me that John L.
could market a port injection kit for the IH vehicles if only he put his
mind to it. You remember that Steve S. has been looking for plugs for his
air injection holes that chirp, how about injecting gas in those holes
instead of plugging them. Then maybe his chirp woud become a cackle or even
an anthem.
John

John Hofstetter , whom you can learn more about at  "Ol'Saline's Web Site"
www.goldrush.com/~hofs
PROBABLY MORE TO REMEMBER THAN EVER REALLY HAPPENED
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend" with 8000 lb. Warn Winch, Detroit
Locker in rear and limited slip in front,
 4" Trailmaster lift kit           Holley Electronic Fuel Injection
Mallory Unilite Distributor                       MSD ignition
It  really is a legend, but it's too darn long and too darn wide sometimes
to go where I ask it to go.
National Rifle Association, Life Member            California Rifle and
Pistol Association
Blue Ribbon Coalition
Friends of Death Valley
Sierra Macintosh Users Group                                    MacTwain
Macintosh Users Group
Association of California School Administrators,  Life Member