Flashers

Not that I'm too lazy to go dig through my service manual but..

My '77's turn signals don't flash (one doesn't light, either.. but thats an
old socket that needs replaced).. I can't remember if they EVER did, but..

I thought I was pretty smart, and bought a new "552" flasher unit last
night.. yanked the one under the dash, installed the new one, and promptly
tossed the old one in the garbage (I've replaced the flasher on my Luv a few
times.. however, for a few months you can kick 'em and they start flashing
again.. Tom's tip of the day).

Anyhow.. NO TURN SIGNALS.. the 4-ways still work though.. so, I assume I
just replaced the 4-way flasher, and tossed out a perfectly good unit..
d'oh.  Oh well.

So, is there *another* 552 or other type of flasher under the dash?  Hanging
upside down with the courtesy lights on, poking around didn't uncover any
new flasher units behind the fuse panel..

So, what/where am I looking for this?

TIA

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout II - neither one has flashing turn signals!