RE: Re:AC compressor lube

The point is, try it first. you'll see that complex oiling systems and all kinds of fancy matenance schedules are pretty much a waste of time. When you can find a pump for $25-$45 at  junkyard, and 2-3 years of "beat the hell out of it" service, go for it. I don't know how long it will last yet, but I know John L has used the living daylights out of his in the last year and it wasn't the pump that recently failed, it was the clutch bearing. I've used mine for 9 months now, and if it dies today, I'll have gotten my money out of it.

Owen Minor
Tacoma,WA