RE: Brake Hoses

Joe,

Regarding your brake line.... When I redid the lines on my
65, I spent many hours (literally) at Kragen, looking through
their brake hose catalog for just the right hoses. I remember
seeing pictures in that catalog, of hoses with attached
blocks. I didn't pay too much attention to them, because
that wasn't what I needed. So maybe the block is permanently
attached to the hose. But I would think that if there was a
hex fitting between the block and the hose, that it should
come off. I would put a pair of vise grips on the fitting
and a pair of channel locks on the block, and go for it...
You will probably destroy the fitting, but you are replacing
the hose anyway, aren't you...

Good Luck,

John Townley
San Diego, CA