Re: AC Compressor repairs

While making mud pies in the back yard, "J. Michael Daugherty"
<jmdaugh@domain.elided> giggled:

>I guess that I need to figure out a lubrication
>schedule.  Any recommendations on what to use?

Mike,

The replacement bearing I'm getting from Nachi is also permanently
lubricated and I'm not keen on the idea of prying on the seals to see what
they put in there.  Hey, if it lasts 20+ years, that's really not too bad!
But if I were to *want* to lube it, I'd use a synthetic equivalent of NLGI
number 2.  Castrol sells a nice synthetic grease under their "Syntech" line
I use on my u-joints etc.  Water has no effect on this grease (it won't
dilute, liquify or smear when subjected to water).  Good stuff.

Best regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |    1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot"
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |