Ramsey Winch

Anyone with a Ramsey RE 8000 winch mounted on a Scout II, Traveler?
I am trying to design a bumper that will hold the winch in close to the front of the truck. This winch is 12 inches deep (Warn and Ramsey REP winches are about 8 inches) and I fear the lose of approach angle if the bumper sticks out 13 inches.
Any tips on how to mount the winch or designs that you are willing to share will be rewarded (I may have to take some items out of the Mandera box and set them aside for rewards 8^O).
I like the looks of Robin Haywoods bumper (June 1997 Scouts West calendar) as well as Steve Caldwell's (December, same calendar)
are they on this list?
Willy Cunningham
77 SS II