Re: Ramsey Winch

winch is 12 inches deep (Warn and Ramsey REP winches are about 8 inches) and
I fear the lose of approach angle if the bumper sticks out 13 inches.

The trick would be to keep this as high up as possible and/or counteract
with a lift.. :)

But, mounting the winch any higher than the frame rail will start to impede
radiator flow..

>I like the looks of Robin Haywoods bumper (June 1997 Scouts West calendar)
as well as Steve Caldwell's (December, same calendar)

Are you referring to the tubular pre-runner style bumpers?  Somewhere on the
BinderBulletin site Bill had a reference to.. I think, MIke's Welding in the
Denver area.. as I recall, Mike no longer makes the bumper, but someone
*else* does..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs