Problems with Larger Tires?

Hi Learned Listees,

I am considering putting larger tires (larger than stock) on my 1980 Scout
II and would like to get any "warnings" and "experiences" before I do so.

1) What problems could develop with steering?

2) What front end problems could this cause?

3) Does a front end alignment need to be done with the larger tires?

4) Would acceleration be adversely effected?

5) Has anyone broken an axle due to the larger mass of large tires?

Other thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

       * Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD                                  *
       * Department of Medicine                                         *
       * The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio   *
       * 7703 Floyd Curl Drive                                          *
       * San Antonio, Texas 78284-7875                                  *
       * (210) 617-5311  FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@domain.elided *