Re: Cleaning question

FWIW I would encourage you to look into some of the non-flammable,
non-pertoleum based solvents now available, I think there are several
citrus based ones and some others. These reduce the hazard, reduce the
disposal hassels (unless you're fortunate enough to have a nearby landfill
that will accept used solvents for recycling). Used solvents are managed as
a unique class of hazardous waste under enviro law, usually private
citizens are exempted but in some cases and in some states you can lose
that exemption if you generate more than some nominal volume. Whatever
route you chose, be sure to contain and dispose of the solvent properly,
you don't want your shop to become a superfund site with you as the only
responsible party!

Terry Rust
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Environmental Restoration Project