slipping trans things to watch

Well, it can happen on Chevy's and has happened to me on my Monza. The vaccum
modulator will spring a leak and fluid will sip up into the intake vaccum port.
It'll prime if you park it downhill. You get some really funky smoke out of the
tailpipe at cruise on the freeway, and the tranny will slowly drain.
Given, the Chrysler should tip a counterman off, but I don't see why one should
be expected to know that the IHC lightline from early '70's on use a
bastardized 727. Unless you crawl right under the vehicle and look at the
tranny pan, the Chrysler looks a lot different.

I'm concerned about him going to Q-lube and telling them to completely drain
the tranny, including the torque converter. A pipe plug on a torque converter
is not a factory thing on Chevy, Ford or Chrysler. Mine has one, but I'm not
sure if they all do.
If you let them do this for you, watch them like a hawk. If that plug gets
dropped, then the hairlip might just throw any old bolt in that they can find,
and not a pipe plug. Woah nelly!

Make sure the hose is designed for ATF. Normal gas line will disintegrate. Use
two hose clamps on each END of the hose this is important, don't skimp. The
hose will shoot off if you don't. Push hose a good six inches beyond the end of
the steel line, that gives more "bite" so the hose won't slip off.

I was under the impression that Type F and Dextron III are now the same. I
still buy the Dextron for Chev/Chrysler/post 83(84?) Ford and Type F for
Ford/Early Volvo, but I was talking to an oil rep(Kendal) when I was working at
a parts store, and he said Dextron and type F are now the same hybrid, but they
sell in two different packagings to keep confusion down. Possibly this is
Kendal only. But he said it was market wide. Just something to keep in mind
when you're stuck somewhere with a Ford (not uncommon) and the quicky-mart only
has dextron.