slipping trans

Oh, Boy,
That guy was way past the Autozone and on out into the no-zone.
Look at a chev or ford AT. There's no way the hose could draw fluid.
Then look at yours. Since it's a Chrysler trans, the McParts monkey should
know that it doesn't
use a vacuum line.
You done good finding and repairing the leak, so be sure and let any
meaningful females know how brilliant you are.
My transmission guy (ten years in a Chrysler shop) made it very clear to me
that I should get hard lines (metal) at least part way from the trans to
the cooler. I don't remember why, but he said it was real important, and
sighed loudly when he saw the old rubber ones. Part of it was that rubber
tends to kink, but there was more...something about vibration I think...
He also made sure I had the fluid going in the radiator BEFORE the cooler.
I don't remember you saying that your system even used the radiator, but it
needs to.
DON'T use any kind of goop on the connection. They don't like goop,
particularly not silicone based goop.
So this is dogma from my tranny angel, but I've found I can trust him. (He
digs my truck, so he must be OK...)
Andy Gladish
69 1200 4x4 Big bad beach bustin' Bubba