Re: Dash Lights?

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Ed Kraus wrote:

> My question.  With the headlights on it a 1974 scout II are the
> blinker lights on steady till selected then blink, OR are they out
> till selected then blink.

The bulbs have two filaments.  The dimmer one is the parking light, the
brighter one is the turn signal, and in the rear, the brake light also.

> Now that my wiring is almost fixed my left blinker is out till
> selected then blinks. and my right is on solid and blinks when
> selected.  WHICH IS RIGHT???  and now why is it happening.

Sounds like the bulb on the left has a blown parking light filament, or
else you still have one more wiring problem to fix.

Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759