Propane diatribe

A side note about availability of propane.

The eastern slope of the Rockies is one of the
greatest storehouses of natural gas. While driving
through Canada up the Alcan this summer, I was
amazed at the high number of propane powered
vehicles untill I saw the price of it up there
Even a twin turbo propane F*rd in a *Mercury*
pickup on a F250 chassis.
You see, Canada is tapping into the gas.
This past summer Clinton put a stop to ALL
exploration and building of pumping stations
along the east slope of the Rockies. Yah, riiigt Billy,
you haven't sold out to the oil lobby....

I would prefer to burn clean natural gas. If I could
find it easily and didn't have to worry about finding
fuel on a road trip. CA emissions cars would ROCK
with a natural gas engine/electric hybrid. But that would offend
the mighty oil lobby, and the Sierra club/tree huggers go
right along with it because the think Natural gas would
devistate the area around the gas wells.
So save up those natural gas carbs kiddies, because
when us youngsters want to drive old iron when WE'RE
60-70, and solar, electric (hydro), or natural gas are
the only fuels affordable, we'll have to "tap the
Rockies" and run natural gas.
grrr. sorry diatribe mode off.

Owen Minor
Tacoma,WA