Door locks

Just wondering if anyone else's tackled this one yet..

On my '77 passenger door.  I can lock the door, shut it.  I think now I
can OPEN it from the inside w/o unlocking, though FOR SURE you can open
it from the outside w/o unlocking the door.  It latches fine, just
doesn't lock.. unless you give the door a good hard slam or two.. then it
locks up just fine.

I pryed the corner of the steel inner trim panel, and sprayed some
silicon lubricant around.. hasn't helped much.

I assume I'll have to tear the whole panel off.. now I pay for replacing
the busted bolt that holds the shiny chrome inner handle on (originally,
a threaded screw type bolt w/ no nut) with that Grade 8 bolt and nut..
(didn't want super-human Julie tearing it off again!  Though, it *was*
rusty..)

-Tom