locking steering column

I've got a '75 150 4x4 with the locking steering column.  Pulled it into the
barn to do some work on it, and the ignition switch seems to be stuck in the
lock position.  Pulled the steering wheel off of it thinking that maybe I
could get to the ignition switch and free it up, but there's at least one more
plate in the way.  Anybody have any idea how to get the darn thing to unlock?
I need to get the truck the heck out of the barn pretty quick (plus the truck
ain't doing me any good when it will only go straight :-)  ).
John