Re: ignition lock, turn signals

On Thu, 01 Jan 1998 09:50:26 -0500 Eric Walter <ewalter@domain.elided> writes:
>Can anyone give me some pointers on replacing the lock tumbler on the
>column of a '73 Scout?  The column looks like a GM column, I've got a
>steering wheel puller, going to borrow a lock plate depressor.  What
>holds in the lock(screw?,spring loaded tab?,...)?

Yes, it's a '70 vintage GM, Vega to be specific column.  The cylinder is
held in by a spring loaded tab, but I don't know specifically the removal
procedure without doing some digging.

>While I'm in there, is there anything I should look at concerning turn
>signals, The previous owner claimed he had replaced the flasher and
>some other stuff to no avail. The drivers side lights up, front, back
and
>dash but doesnt blink, pass. lights up back and dash and doesn't
>blink. Do the hazards use the same flasher as the turn signals?, maybe
this
>guy replaced one and not the other.

Yes, there are two flashers.  On my 78, the hazard flasher is on the fuse
panel where it's obvious and the turn signal flasher is hanging from the
wiring harness near the fuse panel.  I expect yours is the same.  If the
lights light up, I don't think it's anything in the switch that is
causing the problem.  It's probably the other flasher as you suspected,
other than it sounds like you need to look at the front right
light--either the bulb or the ground.  Good luck.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts