ignition lock, turn signals

Can anyone give me some pointers on replacing the lock tumbler on the
column of a '73 Scout?  The column looks like a GM column, I've got a
steering wheel puller, going to borrow a lock plate depressor.  What
holds in the lock(screw?,spring loaded tab?,...)?
While I'm in there, is there anything I should look at concerning turn
signals, The previous owner claimed he had replaced the flasher and some
other stuff to no avail. The drivers side lights up, front, back and
dash but doesnt blink, pass. lights up back and dash and doesn't blink.
Do the hazards use the same flasher as the turn signals?, maybe this guy
replaced one and not the other.
Any help appreciated,
Eric