Re: Warning on Ford Calipers

Tom,

I guess what I should have said was:  I ordered Scout rebuilt calipers.
When I found out they were only $18 each, I started to get curious.  About
a week later I was at U-Wrench-It (very classy local junkyard, fresh
gravel lot, all cars up on old wheels so you can get at it, no swamp,
place to wash up) and discovered that all the Ford calipers were the same
as my Scout.  When I installed them all the Scout fittings worked fine.
However, when I got brake lines they made up for it.  Scout brake lines
were $45 **each**.  When I replace these they will be converted to Ford...
You betcha!

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776