Re: Warning on Ford Calipers

>I guess what I should have said was:  I ordered Scout rebuilt calipers.
>When I found out they were only $18 each, I started to get curious.  About
>However, when I got brake lines they made up for it.  Scout brake lines
>were $45 **each**.  When I replace these they will be converted to Ford...
>You betcha!

Good timing, Steve!

Since my '72 Scout II is still being held ransom, plenty of time to think
about things..

Since I'm lifting my Scout about 5" over stock, I'm going to need longer
brake lines.

I wonder how much $$$ longer Ford brake lines (to go to my stock hard line
fittings) would be.. knowing the stock Scout II's are $45.. I'll have to go
ask one of the auto parts stores one of these days and see what I can figure
out...

I might just change out my perfectly good calipers (on that '76 '44 in the
garage) for the Ford calipers if I can save enough on the brake lines.. of
course, I'll keep the Scout calipers around for my '77.

What do to about the rear brakes.. I guess I bite the bullet and shell out
the dough for longer Scout II lines in back.. (until I swap to.. FORD disc
brakes in back! *smile*)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
72 and 77 Scout IIs