Re: Door latches

On my 75 Scout II, I push down the lock on both doors and then just
close them.   I didn't realize there was any other way.  If you have to use
a key to lock the door, I would definitely look into modifying this.  One
other recommend for rattle control -- if you pull the panels and go into the
door, hook a short bungee cord to the rod going to the inside door
handle, drill a hole at the edge of the opening, then hook the bungee in
this hole.  This puts a little tension on the rod and stops it from vibrating.
Also be sure to reseal the opening with plastic and duct tape to keep the
wind out.  And don't wear sandels while doing any of this in case you
drop the big, heavy metal inner panel on your foot--I can't imagine anyone
doing that!!

Dale Bradshaw
Ogden, Utah
75 Scout, restored, 345, 727, Chains for all 4
Who needs lockers??--You should see that baby climb up the side of a
muddy mountain with all 4 31-10.50s chained up!!