Travelalls and reading material

>Now Luke... I for one feel sorry for your old Travelall... it's been
>neglected and is sick.  It needs you more than ever now... and you're
>talking about bullet holes and rocket motors!  You probably forgot the vow
>you took when you bought it... something about "in sickness and in health"
>and "until death do us part"???  Where's your morals man?  (BTW, that's a
>Federally required oath for all Travelall purchasers)
>
>Happy wrenching,
>
>John

Hear, hear! And don't forget, if ya can't fix it, at least you can sleep in
the back warm and dry 'til the cavalry comes. You did bring the cell phone?
In the days before cellular, I used to always make sure and have a bike in
the back of the T-all for my daily freeway commute. Call it an insurance
policy, along with the toolbox and the sleeping bag.

RE: manuals and such

Be warned, this is something of a sickness, hard to stop once you get
started, and the bloody things are heavy at moving time....but used
bookstores or swapmeets are the way to go, and Motors manuals are the best
for general knowledge and lots of pics/diagrams. Try and get the Motor's
truck repair manual from around the same year as your rig. If they're cheap
enough(I've paid $5-12 for 'em)you can learn a lot, especially the general
tuneup and diagnosis sections. If the stuff in Motor's looks like greek,
try and find(same sources) a good auto repair text from a college course.
Stockel's 'Automotive Mechanics' is the best I've seen, and I still refer
to it once in awhile. Tom's right, the more sources you have.....I came
back from the swapmeet a few weeks ago with 'Moving The Earth', which is
like the Machineries Manual of excavation and earth work, 4" thick and
worth every penny in late night reading :).

Jim