freaking travelall - the saga continues

IH all :)

	Before I forget this is a 70 Travelall with a 392, 4 speed manual,
manual choke and throttle, 4 barrel holley carb.

	Well after a LOT of work onthe Travelall, I did the complete
tuneup (excludeing points cause I have never done those and I am awaiting
help so I dont' mess it up)  but I worked on the carb - getting it right
to lean idle dropoff or what it is called - then I turned the screws out
about 1/4 (from lean idle dropoff)

	and this is what I figure........  The Carb is floodign out.  I
know this is going to be very untechinal but it is all I got :)

	When the butterfly valve opens up - it floods out and bucks (like
it has too much gas and will buck and sputter and then die)  that is
unless you let off the gas then it runs like a top.  Now if you barely
touch the gas it runs fine, the only problem with that is that I tend to
need to apply a little gas to accealrate.  I don' know if I am calling it
the right thing in calling it the butterfly valve.  It isnt' the choke
plate (that is a manual) and I got the choke open all the way - it is all
warmed up, and then you get to hitting the gas and that little butterfly
thing opens up - it bogs down and dies.

	That is of course unless it backfires than it lets off a nice ball
of fire.  Speaking of that if you know your carb is backfireing, it isn't
all that wise to sit your head over it to watch those butterfly valves
while someone runs the gas - it can backfire and you then loose your
eyebrows (I am really fine and I dont' have acne no more either :)  Thank
goodness I had a hat on :)

	But does this sound like it is flooding out, does the mean I need
to rebuild the thing?  any info os greatly appreicated.

	Oh yeah, this is on a 70 Travelall with a 392, 4 speed manual,
manual choke and throttle, 4 barrel holley carb.

	Thanks :)
	Luke