Re: alternator and gold box question

Mark A Pepe <mpepe@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>I know for sure it is a points distributer, ACCEL to be exact.

That's great... a good distributor.

>...I somehow got it into my head that the gold box was the same
>thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Remove the gold box and save it for some other Scout owner you cross paths
with when they need one.  Most gold box ignition owners like to carry a spare
one in the glove box.

>Fuel Guage> Regarding the wire being switched I'm pretty sure. All the
>others coming to the connector match the diagram except #36. and it shows
>no sign of being switched without using  the proper tool.
> The Guage pegs when plugged in as if it wasn't grounded. I'm going to
>mess with it some more this weekend and see if I can't figure it out.

Ah Ha!  Deduct 10 points for withholding important information.  If the other
gauges are working properly and the fuel gauge alone *pegs*, then that means
you most likely have a short in the fuel gauge wiring.  The fuel gauge wiring
is most likely grounded prior to the sending unit.  The way the gauge works is
that the more resistance the sending unit (and wiring) has, the lower the
reading.  Resistance of less than about 6-8 Ohms causes the gauge to peg full.

Happy trouble shooting,

John

jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |