Door latches

**Warning, this is almost a Tom M. thought process!! **

O.K., here is a question for those later model T-all
and Pickup owners.  And maybe Scouts too. On my 72
pickup, I can't push the knob down to lock the door
before closing it, I have to close it, then use the key.  I
assume older Scouts are this way too.  So my question is,
on later t-alls/pickups (74/75) can you lock the doors
by just pushing the knob down and closing it?  If so,
I'm thinking of getting the lock mechanisms from a later
model, I assume they would bolt in my doors.  I'd guess that
some Scout owners might be interested in this swap too.
Anyone know if the Pickups and Scouts use the same lock?
Or have the Scout part numbers? 72/73 pickup is 341787C94 left,
341788C94 right.
Of course, if you make the change, you WILL lock the keys in.

Allan Weidenheimer