RE: Oil Change?

Anyway.. to the Question...
I've also noticed that a creamy white sludge type of stuff has developed in
the oil.  I find it on
the end of the dip stick and quite a bit up on the oil cap.   Is this the
CD2
stuff acting up?  Is
is good/bad?  I've been putting off an oil change.. I add a new quart a
week
anyway.  But now I'm
starting to think I should clean this stuff out as soon as I can.    Garry
mentioned using Kerosene
to clean out sludge.. is this a standard method?

THANKS! -Jeffrey :-)

Jeffrey -

That gunk is usually a combination of condensation(moisture in the oil that
condenses out on engine internals as the oil heats up)and other oil
contaminants, including blow by and raw gas from choke usage. Short trips
in cold weather aggravate it. So does the fact that your engine has a road
draft tube instead of a PCV system. Do you have the 6(BD240)? Both the ones
I have do the same thing. Best cure is to change the oil a few times a year
no matter how much you drive it, and try to warm it up thoroughly most
every time you drive it. Doesn't hurt to let it idle a while to warm up.
You can retrofit the PCV parts, I might even be able to tell you what carb
jetting to use.

Jim