RE:Amazing, absolutely amazing!

>and 2 seconds later the old wreck was sitting in my yard purring like a
>kitten. Amazing, absolutely amazing!
>
>Regards,
>
>Garry

Yes, isn't it? Every time I drag another one home, it's de riguer to try
and get it running, even if it's obviously gonna be a parts pile. I always
say it's so I can get a decent compression test before the motor comes out,
but it's really the instant gratification of bringing a neglected beast
back to life(if only for a bit). Very few trucks have failed to revive with
basic CPR. In fact, I can only think of 3. A B-110 with a 266 that has the
rings stuck to the cylinder walls. The crank wants to turn, but I was in a
hurry. I'm sure the thing would have run if I'd soaked the rings loose. The
other 2  don't really count, IMHO. A D-2 and D-15 that were so far gone and
missing pieces(like a motor for the D-15)that running was never an option.
Funny, looks like I'm getting those trucks(actually a pile of parts on a
chassis)back here soon ;). My daily driver B-102 came out of a walnut
orchard where it had sat for 12 years sinking into the ditch bank, fired
right up, got 1 new piston, a quickie paint job, all new brakes and fluids,
and has never left me by the side of the road(good boy, Stan).

Jim