Engine Cooling Fans - Which is the best?

Howdy,

What was the final outcome of the debate of whether an electric cooling
fan would work on the IH's (I've seen them up to 17").  Is anybody using
one?  I guess there could be two different answers, one for off road and
one for the street.   Any input?

If you didn't go with an electric fan, which would be better a 17" steel
or 17" aluminum fan?  Pros and Cons of each?  This is assuming the use
of a clutch fan.

Thanks in advance

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveller (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (undergoing complete renovation)
75 Travelall (undergoing complete parts scrounging for the above)
Member ScouTenn
"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds"