Re: Ehaust Question???

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Ed Kraus wrote:

> anyway I need an entire exhaust system I believe its 4 pipes including
> the muffler.  I still waiting on my binder book, so I'm not sure anyway
> I was give a ruff quote of $170.00 to do the job which includes custom
> bending of pipes somthing I don't have the equipment for...
>
> 	Is this a good price?

Can't help you on the price, except to suggest that you check another shop
or two and see how the prices compare.

If you want to do it yourself, JC Whitney has mandrel-bent tubing sections
in 45-deg, 90-deg, & 180-deg that you can clamp or weld together to make
whatever you need.  The 45's & 90's are about $5-$10 each depending on
size.  That way you save some money, and you get the lower back pressure
of the mandrel bends.

Regards,
Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759