Towing a scout II

Reply to: Clay McDonald <cbm@domain.elided>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 09:04:26 -0700
Subject: Towing a scout II

Clay,
	I think I remember reading in Peterson's awhile ago that towing with a
Dana 300 (in neutral maybe?) can cause serious damage to the t-case.  They
featured some mods you could make to the case's internals by way of dipper
tabs to one of the gears to splash the oil around (Anyone else see that
issue?).  I dont remember the specifics.
	A friend of mine towed an '80 Scout II diesel home (Mass.) form
Kentucky on a uhaul tow dolly no problem WITH THE DRIVE SHAFT DISCONNECTED
(or removed, I forget) pulled by one of those unmentionable vehicles
powered with a 4.0l I-6.
good luck,
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D300   On the road again!