Re: Towing a scout II

> Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 09:04:26 -0700
> From: Clay McDonald <cbm@domain.elided>
> Subject: Towing a scout II
>
> I am moving across the country in about 4 weeks, and am
> trying to figure out how to get my Scout out there with me.
> I called U-haul, and they claim their trailers and tow-dolly's
> are not rated above ~4000 pounds (which I know my SII
> exceeds handily).

Clay,
I towed my '64 Chevy 4x4 fullsize on one of those U-Haul trailers this
summer from Maryland to Montana, never had a problem. It was barely long
enough and wide enough(36" swampers rubbed the siderails) and had a very
heavy tongue load(with the front wheels all the way forward, the back
wheels were barely on). Should be more balanced with a scout, try
running it across a scale.
Good luck,
Eric Walter
PS. If you flat tow, take off the rear driveshaft.