1 speed t-cases

>Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 00:18:53 EST
>From: TERNOV <TERNOV@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: 1 speed t-cases
>
>Now for a question, I suspect that my '73 Scout has one of those
>>single ratio transfer cases, no numbers left on shift lever, only seems
>>have 2 positions;
>
>IMO, this is a result of not knowing how to shift the t-case properly. I
know
>on my dad's Pathfinder, I couldn't figure out why the shifter said it had
>low range and neutral, when I could only seem to get it into 2 and 4 high.
Try
>putting it into 4 lo (should be all the way forward on a Dana 20,
right????)
>while creeping along real slow. Just clutch in and push it forward. You
may
>get stuck in Neutral, and have to let off on the clutch momentarily, but
it
>should go in. If you have a shifter though, you definately have the Dana
20. I
>think the one speed was engaged with a dash mounted cable. Am I right???
>Anyway, try this out.

 A couple quick questions:
	1. I though in stock configuration, the Dana 20 has two shifters and
the Dana 300 has one.  Never the less, if its got any floor shifter at all,
its not the single speed.  Plus I dont think they offered it before '74
model year.
	2. Who (and how could you have possibly) had trouble shifting a
Pathfinder into 4lo? :)
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D300???