Re: 1 speed t-cases

Now for a question, I suspect that my '73 Scout has one of those
>single ratio transfer cases, no numbers left on shift lever, only seems
>have 2 positions;

IMO, this is a result of not knowing how to shift the t-case properly. I know
on my dad's Pathfinder, I couldn't figure out why the shifter said it had a
low range and neutral, when I could only seem to get it into 2 and 4 high. Try
putting it into 4 lo (should be all the way forward on a Dana 20, right????)
while creeping along real slow. Just clutch in and push it forward. You may
get stuck in Neutral, and have to let off on the clutch momentarily, but it
should go in. If you have a shifter though, you definately have the Dana 20. I
think the one speed was engaged with a dash mounted cable. Am I right???
Anyway, try this out.