Re: Gear Ratios & Economical IH Engine RPMs

Thomas J. Harais,
<snip>
>An improvement from 11MPG to 13MPG isn't enough to justify the cost and
>hassle of diff gear changes or transmission swaps. But, 11MPG to 16MPG
>might be. I'm seeking input from someone that has actually been there.

I went from 11.5MPG to 13.3MPG by installing a set of stans headers and
2.25" exhaust this spring. I'm also running the 3.54 gears, with a 345
2V with 4spd close ratio trans and Cooper 10.5X31 tires. You'll get the
enjoyment of more power going this route to. I use mine for RV towing
and could use lower gears on the hills so I feel 3.54 is a good
compromise.
--
Tom Reed	treed@domain.elided
The Data Center - Database Software Development