Re: vacuum wipers

Hello All,

	Is it just me or is this christmas season approaching just a
little to fast ?!!

	Regarding the vacuum wiper problem: In addition to making sure you
have sufficient vacuum, I found it very helpful to dissasemble the wiper
assembly and clean it. On my 67 800 the vasoline like substance originally
in there had hardened up, prohibiting the thing from working.( If you use
a solvent such as brake cleaner on the body, be sure not to get it on the
leather part) I then used a liquid leather conditioner on the leather
diaphram letting it soak for a couple hours. My scout was from Arizona so
this part  was quite dry. I then wiped everthing real clean and
re-assembled it  with some 10w-30 in there for lube (Synthetic is better
for this application)  I then worked it back and forth by hand for 5-10
minutes and reinstalled. It worked great after that! (For vacuum wipers)
just  get used to slow wipers when the engine is loaded i.e  hill climbs .

Hope it helps

-
Mark A Pepe
mpepe@domain.elided