Re: ihc-digest V5 #54

Good Afternoon,

	Sorry about the forthcoming stupid question but all the talk
about lifters and oil pressure has got me worried. My '74 Scout has one
bad lifter on the #2 cylinder (it ticks) -I was just going to replace
it. My oil pressure has always been O.K. judging from the stock gauge.
So my question then is, 1)How likely is it that oil pressure is good
given I only have 1 bad lifter? (140K on engine, Truck wasn't driven
for several years before I bought it a year ago, runs excellent
otherwise) 2) could their be a problem with oil distribution given
the recent discussion on the poor quality of the stock gauge.
3)Assumeing the worst -- I check the pressure with a good gauge and it
comes out low,what do I check for on the oil pump?
	Other issues, the sticker thing sound like a good idea -has
anybody thought about using the old triple diamond logo ('30's style)
with ihc-digest below it?

						Thanks in advance,
						Tom Kemp
						Fort Collins, CO