RE: 800 wiper plea

>Been a while and we have some new folks so I thought I'ld post my well
worn
>Anybody got a slick, affordable way to retrofit electric wipers into a
1970
>model 800, vacuum wipers in the cowl, not at the top. Thanks, my looking
so
>far seems to show that there are lots of "a friend of a friend of my
>brother-in-law did ..." or from the professionals " I'm sure we can work
>Thanks, with winter here the vacuum one suck (or more acurately, don't)<

Yeah, I'm looking for the same thing myself.

So far what I've found....  First off, make sure your vacuum booster on the
fuel pump
is still working.  My '67 had a hose from the manifold to the top fo the
fuel pump
then to the wiper switch.  Those boosters give out after time. On my rig,
the engine was
swapped and the new engine didn't have the vacuum booster fuel pump.

Another solution is an electric 12v vacuum pump so you have electric-vacuum

wiper combination.  You might have to pay around $200 for the pump.

Hot rod accessory shops have electric wiper kits.  The early hot rod guys
all
 have to deal with this issue.   $200 and up?  But not easy to install in
the cowl
 area.   Easy if you mount above the windshield like early Broncos.