Re: Overfiring?

Have you replaced your wires? Plugs? Fuel filters?
Are you SURE you adjusted the points properly? A new coil with a higher output
would mask bad/mis-adjusted points.
It's always done this?
Did you time it with the vacuum advance hose unhooked and plugged?
Have you hooked up a real temp gauge? The gauges read low. Overheating?
How about a ballast resistor that has a break in it. When it gets hot it fails,
heating and cooling in cycles, shorting to ground. If it's the kind with a
metal strap wrapped around the ceramic for a mounting tab, I could see this.
Ideas?

Owen Minor
Tacoma, WA