Overfiring?

Sorry, guys, but I guess I'm just a complete idiot.  I changed the ignition
coil on my 1973 Scout II as four out of five subscribers recommend, and
still have the problem-misfiring with a BIG ignition just prior to a minor
cut out, causing bucking, and definitiely not good on the engine, I would
think.  Immediately after changing the coil I went for a test ride.  It
started up even quicker than usual with this, so I turned to head home and
it seemed to stop.  I continued driving for about thirty minutes without
another episode, though I could still hear some minor sound going off at
the same kind of odd interval that the bucking used to.  It sounds like a
small spark or ignition-though it is hard to describe.  I used to hear this
sound before the extreme misfire would start, but this time I just got the
early warning noise, but no actual bucking and firing.  Then, as I got
about a half mile from my house, it did start bucking and firing again.
What would a new coil affect enough to help the symptom, but not cure it?
There is a small condensor that mounts on the coil that I didn't change
yet, and I couldn't find an open parts store on Thanksgiving.  First thing
in the morning that is my first stop/project.  Do you think this should do
it?  Would the new coil give a better feed to the distributor, overriding
some distributor problem temporarily, but not curing it?  Does anyone now
think it is the distributor?  After my last submission, only one person
volunteered this advice.  Regardless, I shall try to get the new condensor
tomorrow.  If anyone can think of anything else I'm just to stupid to think
of or that I'm completely overlooking, I'd really appreciate the advice.
And I'd like to thank all of you that wrote in with advice last time, or
e-mailed me.  It was very encouraging to get the advice and get it so
quick!  I'm now a total ihc-aholic!!!
Thanks!

J. Michael Shaw, II
103253.3336@domain.elided