overfiring?

First off, let me thank those of you that had suggestions for me on my last
submission having to do with this problem-here's an update:
I changed the coil-as four out of five ihc-digest subscribers recommend for
the idiots having these problems.  Almost as soon as I took off down the
rode, it began firing and bucking as it had before.  I turned to head home
and it stopped.  I drove for about a half-an-hour without any further
bucking and firing, though I could still here the small ignition or spark
or whatever little sound I used to hear before the overfiring would start.
I recognized the sound and the cadence as the same that always led into my
bucking and firing problems.  I drove for farther than I have since the
first onset of this problem without it actually reaching this point.  About
one-half mile from home, it finally did it again, and tried to do it until
I stopped the engine at home.  What could the problem be that  a new coil
would help it but not stop it?  There is a small condensor type of canister
that mounts on and is wired to the coil that I did not change-I had not
looked at the coil closely before going to the parts store and it did not
come with this piece.  My first stop in the morning is to go get this
piece.  If this does not cure the problem, any more suggestions?  Could the
better spark of the new coil cause the distributor to work better and
therefore mask the problem or delay it without actually curing it?  If the
new coil condensor doesn't cure this is the distributor (which I did get
one strong recommendation on from the last letter) the next logical step to
take?  Should I donate the Damn thing to a charity auction and start saving
for one that doesn't have a bunch of stupid problems that no known mechanic
that doesn't specialize in IH can ever figure out?  I love
trouble-shooting, but I'm in school full time and working full time and
after about three hours under the hood when I have three big tests next
week, my nerves are pretty frazzled.  My Travelall has always been so good
to me, that I don't know how to respond to this cranky little Scout II.  If
you have any suggestions, please let me know!!!
Thanks!!!

J. Michael Shaw, II
103253.3336@domain.elided
'73 Scout II