Re: MSD Ignition

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:18:11 -0600 (CST), Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> wrote:

>I left both sets of points in.  The only thing the MSD senses is the
>breaking of the current flow when the lead points open.  It doesn't
>matter if the trailing set is in or not.  Mine are in for now.

A minor correction Steve... the MSD computer triggers when the lead points
close... not when the open.  I flipped open the MSD installation manual,
and they warn against using dual points with a rev limiter, so you should
be fine.

>Distributor fits beautifully, no interferance.  The cap is about the same
>size, maybe a bit smaller.  I believe it sticks up from the block a bit
>less.  There's not much inside this case.  Oh, it has the new centrifugal
>advance mechanism developed from circle-track racing (more robust).

Sounds like a great deal for IH owners!  I don't need one as I just
installed a rebuilt '74 IH point type distributor.  But maybe someday when
this one gives out in about 200,000 miles. <grin>

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |