Re: ihc-digest V5 #13

Hello everbody,

	I recently purchased a 76 traveler with a great body except for a
little surface rust on the external lips of the wheel wells and a few
other places, (all easily fixable with a little sanding,sealing and paint)
It even has the cool appliques like the 76 pictured in the scout gold
portfolio. Anyway,

I'm wondering why the drivers side wiper arm is different than the
passengers. The drivers side has an additional arm/brace whatever, that is
fastened to a pin at the base of the wiper arm. It looks as though it is
meant to just  stabilize and strengthen the arm. why didn't they do this
on the passenger side too?

Also: I have a holley two barrel carburetor and lately I've been getting
really bad mileage (8 mi/gal) :(  The vehicle acts as though it will die
for an instant if you punch the accelerator then slowly (2 or 3 sec.)
responds. This is Bad when you're in the middle of an intersection!!
 It also smells to be running very rich. Does this sound like the
power valve is bad? if I rebuild the carb, is there any modifications I
can do to make the holley do a little better off road? I would also like
to put one of those foam kits in to prevent sloshing. Where can I get one?

Thanks!!

Mark A. Pepe
'76 Traveler w/345
Just sold my '67 800 :< (I will always kick myself for that!) I did sell
it for 200% of what I paid. Bought it for $120.00 sold it for $2,200.00
(Of course I actually invested close to 4,000 in it)