Shocks, driveline slip joints

Shocks:
O.K., I finally went to get some Rancho 9000 shocks, and they
don't list ANY pickups.  Does anyone else here have them on
a pickup?  My local 4x shop says that if I measure the length with
the truck sitting flat, and measure how far the bumpstops are
from the spring, they can find one.  But I thought I'd ask
to see if anyone here has already been down this path...
Drivelines:
I went to get u-joints at Drivelines Northwest a few weeks
ago.  The guy felt the intermediate driveline (tranny to
transfer case) and said the slip joint was bad.  Then
he determines that they can make me a new one, for $300.
The problem is not rotational play, it is that you can flex
the whole thing, so it becomes ever so slightly curved.
Is there any backyard/shadetree method to reduce the
play in it? JB-Weld?  Center punch the tops of the splines
to enlarge the diameter a little?  This shaft doesn't really
slip much, since the tranny and transfer case are bolted to the
frame.  Any suggestions for a cheaper driveline shop?

Thanks
Allan Weidenheimer

p.s. Thanks again Owen for the intake manifold and
valve covers.