Re: Prelubers

Hey Mark,

I think if you look closer on your diagram, the oil filter adapter is
for the oil to come back into the engine after going through the
preluber pump.  The only source for the intake of the preluber pump is
the oil pan drain plug, or drill a hole in the side of the oil pan for a
fitting.  After it goes through the preluber pump, you can have it go to
the oil filter, (so it is filtered) or you can use the tee with the oil
pressure sender, (pumping unfiltered oil through your engine), or one of
the oil galley plugs.  As far as a check valve, in your oil filter, is
concerned, if your filter mounts in the vertical position, you don't
need one.  It mainly comes into play when you have a oil filter that
mounts in the horizontal position.  I am currently installing a preluber
on my 392 rebuild, and I think I have the bugs worked out.  If you want
a diagram, just email me and I will send it to you.  What is the price
you can get these prelubers for?  email me or post it.

Thanks

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveller (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (undergoing complete renovation)
75 Travelall (undergoing complete parts scounging for the above)
Member ScouTenn
"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds"